TIAA CW Sr Data Analyst in Virtual, Massachusetts
CW-IT Business Systems Analyst III
The Senior Business Systems Analyst analyzes business and information needs in order to design optimal systems solutions. Working under minimal supervision, this job designs system solutions that are appropriate for business needs and consistent with the overall design of the organization's information systems architecture. This job also recommends improvements to the existing IT systems and processes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Identifies and analyzes business needs, conducts requirement gathering, and defines scope and objectives of each project.
Makes recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
Translates business requirements into application requirements, and works with all members of the team to execute the application successfully.
Engages client teams and explains moderately complex initiatives in an understandable manner, while also addressing any hesitations or concerns from the client.
Estimates the costs of various system solutions and prepares project plans to provide input into decisions about prioritizing projects and allocating IT resources.
Prepares and maintains technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system.
Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
3 Years Required; 5 Years Preferred
University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
This is a Non-Employee Contingent Worker Role providing services for TIAA’s family of companies and will be employed by TIAA's preferred 3rd Party Supplier. As a Non-Employee CW, perform a variety of moderately complex business planning, support, and project-related duties. Demonstrates an exceptional standard of quality and holds themselves accountable to achieving excellent results.
The anticipated term of this engagement will be 6 months. This term could be extended based on company business needs.
This role is located on our TIAA office in Boston, MA Charlotte, NC, Iselin, NJ & New York, NY currently virtual.
The Senior Data Analyst analyzes business and information needs in order to design optimal systems solutions. Working under minimal supervision, this job designs system solutions that are appropriate for business needs and consistent with the overall design of the organization's information systems architecture. This job also recommends improvements to the existing IT systems and processes.
The Digital Metrics & Analytics group is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join the Digital Analytics & Insights team for delivering advanced analytics capabilities within our digital organization. This team is in a unique position at TIAA, being a small group with great support and visibility from the Executive Leadership Team. The data and metrics provided by this team are used to make business decisions and measure progress on enterprise-level initiatives. This position will be multi-faceted as it will include working with Tableau, Alteryx, and SQL for creating Digital Metrics dashboards, exploratory analytics, as well as opportunities to work with R and Python. The role will be a key contributor as the team expands its advanced analytical capabilities. The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to leverage both advanced technical and analytical methods to analyze, evaluate, and present valuable insights to all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of this collaborative team, and demonstrate an ability to face challenges together with a high regard for diversity and inclusion.
• Develop, implement and maintain Tableau analytical dashboards to support business and IT groups across the Digital organization. Include customer analytics, digital and analog channel analytics, and marketing analytics.
• Identify key business problems & develop viable, data-supported hypotheses in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Provide high-quality, unbiased data analysis and analytical solutions that support business objectives.
• Take accountability of data analysis, and present a clear and accurate interpretation of results.
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes by leveraging a wide range of analytics environments and technologies.
• Work closely within a team structure and demonstrate successful collaboration with other team members.
• B.S. in a relevant field such as Data Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.
• 5 years or more of hands on data analysis experience
• Domain knowledge around financial services and/or digital experiences preferred
• Proven experience with SQL and databases such as Hadoop/Impala, MySQL, Oracle, Teradata, etc.
• Proficient with Tableau(required) and Alteryx(preferred).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Adept at using data to persuade others across a variety of communication channels, including presentations, email, dashboards, and written reports.
• Proven ability to take the needs of a business partner and multiple sources of data and devise a clear approach to analyzing the data, visualizing, and telling the story to help the business partner.
• An analytical mindset that lends itself towards problem solving.
• A true passion for analytics.
Start Date: 07-Jun-2021
End Date: 31-Dec-2021
Travel Required:Potential Salary: $103.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary (https://www.tiaa.org/public/pdf/benefits-at-a-glance.pdf) .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here (https://www.dol.gov/general/topics/posters) .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.