TIAA Vice President, Global Alternative Product (Private Capital) in SAN FRANCISCO, California
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future.
The Vice President of Global Alternative Product will develop, structure, position, and launch private market investment products. In addition, the Vice President will assess and maintain the competiveness of established products from an investment and business performance perspective. The Vice President will achieve results through idea generation and collaboration with senior investment management, sales, legal, marketing, operations, and finance personnel.
• Proposes and develops new private markets investment products on the basis of market demand, competition, internal capabilities, profitability, and strategic direction of the firm; conducts feasibility analysis with key stakeholders; establishes product strategy and defines appropriate benchmark(s); manages internal governance /approval process.
• Drives overall development, launch, and integration of new products and services through coordinating cross-functional teams and project management.
• Leads structuring of products or accounts, working closely with portfolio management, legal, accounting, and client servicing teams.
• Oversees, monitors, and evaluates alternative investment products for performance, style consistency, and profitability; identifies product gaps, as well as other issues and concerns around product management; implements procedures for filling gaps and takes corrective action, including internal development, team lift-outs and acquisitions, while mitigating risks and considering regulatory obligations.
• Creates product plans across private markets that evaluate and refine assigned products, investment vehicles, and their distribution, based on financial, internal capabilities, market, and operational considerations; plans will include implementation, marketing and sales components; recommendations may include closure, merger and/or restructuring of existing products.
• Serves as subject matter expert, providing guidance and detailed product information to marketing, sales, and clients for due diligence questions, client servicing, offering memoranda, and other purposes.
• Manages vendor support and procedures for assigned products.
• Ensures products are compliant with regulatory requirements.
• Ability to manage a team of analyst over time
• Researches and incorporates competitive environment, product flows, and client feedback into product strategies and capital raising tactics.
• BA, specializing in finance, investments, law or engineering required.
• 10+ years of direct experience in asset management, preferably working in investment related functions.
• 5 + years of direct experience with structuring and launching alternative products, preferably private strategies
• Strong knowledge of non-traditional asset classes including private equity and private credit
• Strong client presentation and analytical skills.
• Structuring experience with investment management, either from sell-side/buy-side firm or a reputed law firm.
• Cultural fit and desire to work in a team environment
• Master/PhD in finance, investments, law or engineering preferred.
• CFA or CAIA designation preferred.
• Experience with private and hybrid regulated structures (REIT, BDC, 40 Act Interval Funds) is a plus
• Track record of innovation
• Must be self-directed with ability to escalate as needed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1727789
Post Date: Oct 15, 2020