TIAA Media Relations Manager in NEW YORK CITY, New York
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
The Media Relations Assistant Vice President will workclosely with members of the media relations team to support a broad range of public relations objectives for Nuveen’s global investment business. The role requires knowledge of the capital markets and communications strategy as well as tactical expertise in areas such as research, writing and serving as a firm spokesperson. Working in partnership with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, the Media Relations Assistant Vice President will support the team’s efforts to drive integrated PR campaigns supporting Nuveen’s business goals. As the firm continues its evolution, the professional in this position will play a critical role in positioning “One Nuveen”, protecting the firm’s reputation and promoting its investment expertise during a period of significant and rapid change.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Identify media opportunities for assets, funds, transactions, thought leadership and executives in the business/financial, national and trade publications
· Provide counsel to internal partners on effective PR strategies to support business goals
· Arrange and facilitate media interviews, including preparation of briefing material/message points
· Identify transactions and topics that can be promoted via press releases, pitches or media exclusives
· Maintain media lists and sustain ongoing relationships with key journalists and publications
· Identify, track and give updates on editorial calendar opportunities; proactively identify other coverage opportunities
· Monitor and update ranking/survey submissions in relevant publications
· Produce written materials, including press releases, bylined articles, talking points and presentations
· Conduct comprehensive reporting/tracking/analysis of PR activity/coverage
· Serve as the primary back up to the Vice President, Media Relations.
Minimum of five years public relations or communications experience
Bachelors Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or Related Field
Minimum of three years asset management experience
Ability to travel occasionally as needed to staff interviews and public events
Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Technical Skills, Competencies & Preferred Qualifications
Strong oral and written communicationsskills
Excellent interpersonal skills and theability to work well in a team environment
Comfort working in a fluid and fast-pacedenvironment
Established relationships with reporterscovering the asset management industry and investment topics
Understanding of when to operate withurgency and/or escalate matters
Experience partnering with PR agencies todeliver results
Familiarity with communications platformsand services, such as Factiva, Cision, Gorkana, BusinessWire, PR Newswire
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1719553
Field: Marketing & Communications
Post Date: Jul 01, 2019
- TIAA Jobs