TIAA Portfolio Team Leader, Specialty Lender Finance in MT LAUREL, New Jersey
As a part of TIAA’s Retail & Institutional Financial Services business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
This position interfaces with Specialty and Lender Finance (“SLF”) senior management, clients, and agent banks within specified segments of the SLF group. The role requires overseeing portfolio management of a business segment and related team.
Essential Function (in order of importance)
• Manage relationships with existing clients including providing new financial services and addressing relationship service needs. Client management includes close communication with CFO’s and other senior executives
• Monitor client borrowing and other periodic requests.
• Credit oversight and management; prepare and/or review analysis of borrowing bases, servicer reports, backup servicer reports, collateral custodian reports, trustee reports, financial statements, covenants, field exams, appraisals and valuation reports.
• Monitor portfolio for timely reporting.
• Communicate with SLF senior management regarding client relationship status, credit quality concerns, and relationship income development opportunities.
• Manage, train, and mentor analysts and associates, while working with the analysts and associates on the assigned portfolio.
• Manage credit and workflow processes.
• Review legal documents and amendments and analyze impact on structures of facilities to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures of business unit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of bank products and lender finance markets.
• Strong knowledge of financial spreading, financial modeling, and ROA/ROE.
• The ability to manage collateral custodians and/or monitor collateral.
• Experience with external collateral auditors and the audit process.
• Ability to manage others, analysts, and associates.
• Ability to evaluate the credit worthiness of new and existing transactions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients and management.
• Ability to effectively represent the institution and business unit with external constituents.
Master’s degree, preferred.
Three years’ financial industry experience,ideally in Lender Finance, Asset Based or Commercial Lending.
Two years’ supervisory experience.
Strong competencies in performance management.
Experience with commercial lending and managementof account relationships.
Experience in structuring of facilities governedby borrowing bases and development of covenants.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1718918
Field: Mortgage & Commercial Lending
Company: TIAA Bank
Post Date: Apr 26, 2019
- TIAA Jobs