TIAA Lender Finance Associate I in MT LAUREL, New Jersey
As a part of TIAA’s Retail & Institutional Financial Services business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
The Associate is responsible for assisting in the underwriting of new and existing transactions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial analysis and stress test modeling. The ability to analyze financial statements and forecast future performance is required. The use of Excel, Word, and Power Point are required.
Essential Function (in order of importance)
• Analyze Lender Finance clients, specifically finance companies
• Works independently on standard transactions
• Seeks assistance from Credit Officer on more complex transactions
• Ability to render decisions within established service level commitments and policy guidelines
• Ongoing credit monitoring of clients including covenant compliance, client advances, and repayments and all types of financial reporting.
• Analyze financial statements, tax returns and ancillary commercial credit reporting documents, including; D&B, Lexis Nexis, pull OFAC reports, assist in BSA process and assist in KYC process.
• Reconcile Approval Memos to Legal Documents
• Fund and repay client loans
• Deliver assigned work and handle an average of three to five accounts
• Recognize errors in work product and follow up with changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities the ideal candidate would possess. These knowledge, skills, and abilities include, but are not limited to, communication, leadership, organization, analytical, industry-specific, etc. not captured in the Job Factors.
• Spread financial statements
• Prepare underwriting document highlighting salient risk and mitigants of the transaction
• Fluent in all Microsoft office applications
• Manage and mentor analysts
• Lead small teams in underwriting and other projects
• Negotiate deal terms, structure, and loan documents
• Make presentations to Lender Finance credit committee
• Excellent communication skills. Will be communicating with agents and clients.
• Quick and versatile learner, with ability to quickly grasp the essence and underlying structure of things
• Ability to comfortably handle uncertainty, shift gears quickly, and cope with change
• Demonstrated strength in priority setting; ability to quickly identify and focus on most critical items; ability to juggle demanding work flow
• Ability to interact comfortably with senior management
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree
• Six months' experience in commercial banking, investment banking, or financial consulting
• Ability to discuss & articulate client information and understand basic structures
• Understand basic legal structures & agreements
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1719209
Field: Mortgage & Commercial Lending
Company: TIAA Bank
Post Date: May 28, 2019
- TIAA Jobs