TIAA IT Help Desk / System Administrator in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
Winslow Capital was founded in 1992 and has been a centerof excellencefor growth investing for more than 25 years. As a leader in the growth stock community, we invest in compelling asset classes where our skilled research creates advantaged opportunities for our clients. Our collective investment teams' industry experience averages more than 20 years. This experience informs our differentiated approach to proprietary fundamental and systematic research. Our client-centered culture drives client results and our relentless pursuit of excellence brings integrity and accountability to each relationship. Winslow Capital is an independent investment affiliate of Nuveen. For more information about the firm please visit our website at winslowcapital.com.
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies.
As the IT Help Desk/System Administrator I, you will be a key member of the IT support team. Your role is to provide in-person support on the firms’ technical systems to all internal users including system administration for all core line of business applications and underlying operating environments. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day health of the core business systems as well as providing desktop support to end-users.
The successful candidate will possess excellent technical knowledge, be customer-oriented, have an appreciation for urgency, and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain/assist in its solution. In addition, experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple projects across different functions for a geographically diverse environment is important, as well as, experience supporting IT systems from a strategy, technology, security, and process perspective. System and network administration experience is a must, including proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of enterprise IT system investments.
• Serve as the first point of contact for colleagues seeking technical assistance with application access, connectivity, and performance support with all corporate technology. Troubleshoot through diagnostic techniques and apply best solution. Escalate unresolved issues.
• Under the direction of the Sr. Director of IT, provide hands on administration of enterprise systems in an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) platform. Participate in the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems including implementation projects, troubleshooting and maintenance to ensure applications meet business requirements and systems’ goals
• Bring your entrepreneurial, creative approach to problem solving with proven analytical, strategic and technical solutions
• Proactively identify and suggest improvements and analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes, addressing process gaps, and enabling automation and growth of the organization. Work collaboratively to implement approved requests.
• Support IT infrastructure and security requirements in collaboration with relevant consultants and third party service providers.
• Minimum of 5 years of practical IT experience
• Direct experience with enterprise applications and systems administration
Bachelor’s degree in technology with course study in a business related discipline such as marketing, finance, economics or accounting
Experience in the finance, investment or accounting industry in high demand fast paced environment
Experience in Cloud/SaaS environments and standard core technologies including o365, Windows OS, productivity suites etc.
Experience in installation and implementation and supporting of integrated software solutions
Direct, hands-on experience with server administration tools: (ActiveDirectory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, networking, database systems, user permissioning, file system administration, WAN/LAN,WiFi administration)
Direct, hands-on experience with collaboration services (phone systems, hat, digital meetings, video conference)
Strong knowledge of authoring computer system validation documentation
Strong knowledge of both Windows server and Linux environments
Knowledge of financial markets and basic economic concepts required
Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
Support Manage and support employee workstations
Support local VMWare servers
Network Management and addressing
Tech savvy with and excellent understanding of computer systems (desktop/server), mobile devices, telephone systems, financial applications, collaboration services, video solutions and other tech products
Security assessments and best practice for system vulnerability mitigation
Assist in the purchase and setup of new IT equipment
Excited about learning and working with a diverse set of technologies
Self-motivated and deliver high quality work
Able to write clear and concise documentation
Able to prioritize your tasks and time effectively
Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the .
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1727120
Post Date: Jun 26, 2020