TIAA Tuition Financing Inc. (TFI) “Field” Consultant (Middleton/Madison, Wisconsin) in MIDDLETON, Wisconsin
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
The TIAA Tuition Financing Inc. “Field” Consultant will be responsible for increasing assets, initiating new business through rollovers and transfers from other 529 plan programs, retaining assets through individual communication, group presentations, community events and direct marketing projects, and documenting all activities in Salesforce. This position will support the State-sponsored Wisconsin 529 direct-sold plan, The Edvest College Savings Plan.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
• Interact with participants and prospects in-person, by telephone, by internet/e-mail, via workshops and seminars, and follow-up on qualified leads either by phone or in person to convert to the relevant state 529 Plans.
• The Tuition Financing “Field” Consultant will conduct call campaigns or host seminars/events to targeted high value account owners with the aim of opening accounts and increasing average account balances.
• Build relationships and partner directly with HR, Payroll, Benefits contacts and decision-makers, as well as executive ‘buyers' to deliver our 529.
Conduct both on-site and web-based seminars and be comfortable presenting at Employer, Professional and Parent events, as well as participating in community-based events to generate leads and support awareness-based marketing initiatives in support of State partner initiatives.
• Develop and maintain relationships with Edvest Account Owners, TIAA retirement plan participants, individuals, prospects, beneficiaries, and their legal and financial representatives. The role does require relationship management skills and ability to partner across TIAA with business partners in Wealth Management (Individual Advisory Services) and the Institutional Relationships/Retirement - Financial Consultants to access and service their clients.
• This is a client facing role and the Tuition Financing “Field” Consultant can expect travel up to 60% and involves interaction with key plan sponsors (State Agency Secretary, Executive Director, Board Members, etc.).
• The Tuition Financing “Field” Consultant will require working knowledge of the state’s advisor-sold 529 plan.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Sales experience
• FINRA Series 7 or 6 and 63 registrations required; however, otherwise expected to be secured within 120 days from start date.
• 3 + years of experience in the financial services industry
• Superior presentation skills
• Strength in Technical Application / Customer Relational Database usage such as Salesforce
• Valid US Driver's License
• Willingness to travel throughout the State of Wisconsin. Expect travel up to 60%, and on occasion in excess of 60% (expenses fully reimbursed.)
• 529 College Savings Plan knowledge and/or experience
• Superior communication skills - both group and one on one
• Strong practice management organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, balance management of leads, field activities, customer follow-ups and administrative tasks
• Demonstrated ability to independently build and maintain solid relationships with business partners, teammates and prospective clients to consistently deliver on business outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking in growing the business and achieving TFI goals
• Ability to work with varied partners and effectively communicate TFI's value proposition
• Ability to work independently and manage a large number of projects and relationships
• Experience working in Wisconsin or the Midwest a plus
Location(s): Candidate to work from TIAA's Middleton (Madison) office within the State of Wisconsin.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law. If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1724580
Post Date: May 19, 2020