TIAA Wealth Advisor Consultant (Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, San Francisco or LA) in LOS ANGELES, California
About the Firm
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with the financial advisors and their clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com.
The Wealth Advisor Consultant will manage a defined territory (set by geography and/or Advisor segmentation), performing both internal and external sales functions. The Wealth Advisor Consultant will work within US Wealth Advisory Services team to drive sales in their defined territory across all products offered by Nuveen. He or she will partner closely with team members including Advisor Consultants and Regional Managers within the covered region to proactively grow sales through phone and web conference meetings and face-to-face advisor meetings. The position will be responsible for maintaining current client assets, cross selling producing advisors and converting prospects to clients. The Wealth Advisor Consultant will be responsible for all phases of the sales process, including outbound sales calls, email correspondences, and advisor follow ups during days in the home office, plus 25% field travel. This role will be based in Chicago, Charlotte and other potential locations. The role will require approximately 15-25% travel in the field, with the reaming 75-85% of the time spent covering clients virtually
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop consultative relationships with financial advisors, branch office managers and sales managers and grow market share of Nuveen’s products and drive revenue within the assigned territory.
• Make outbound calls, emails and meet face to face with top prospects and clients to market, educate and promote the Nuveen suite of products.
• Work effectively in a team environment with IACs, other Hybrid ACs, ACs and RM’s.
• Effectively manage time between territory activity in the field/phone and resources (expense management).
• Collaborate and share best practices across the regional teams.
• Accountable for scheduling own meetings, booking travel, submitting own expenses and other administrative responsibilities.
• Support US Wealth Advisory Services broader campaigns and initiatives as needed on the entire product suite including Managed Accounts, Mutual Funds, Closed End Funds, Exchange Traded Funds, Alternatives, DCIO, etc.
Education and Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Series licenses 7 and 66 or 7, 63 and 65
Minimum 3 years relevant sales experience within a retail distribution channel
Experience in both one-on-one and group meetings with Advisors and due diligence with analysts, as well as public seminar experience is a plus.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Creates and maintains long-term indispensable partnerships with clients.
Ability to profile clients.
Adapts to change.
Excellent planning, organization and time management skills; ability to analyze and prioritize large amounts of information.
Maintains integrity in all transactions; maintains ethical standards of Nuveen.
A strong combination of sales and analytical skills coupled with an energetic and engaging style.
Significant knowledge of the financial markets, both equity and fixed income, and the ability to articulate investment discipline with a deep understanding of the process and specific portfolios.
Must be proactive and take prompt action to accomplish objectives.
Continuously learns and stays current in areas of expertise.
Strong territory management skills understanding how to execute territory segmentation, targeting and sequenced sales strategies.
CIMA, CFP or CFA designation a plus.
- Requisition ID: 1727272
Post Date: Jul 09, 2020