TIAA Managing Director, Institutional Business Development in LOS ANGELES, California
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of assetclasses, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
The primary responsibility of the Institutional Business Development Professional is new client development and retention within the Institutional marketplace. The focus is direct sales to sophisticated institutional buyers who understand complex Investment products.
Nuveen seeks an experienced institutional business development professional with 10years of experience. This individual will have responsibility for representing all Nuveen capabilities (public and private fixed income, public and private equity, real estate, and real assets) to these plan sponsors and their field consultants. The ideal candidate will be West Coast based and have an extensive network within the Corporate, Healthcare, Endowment, and Foundation space.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and execute an effective sales calling/correspondence campaign to qualified leads.
- Conduct a needs analysis and provide potential solutions.
- Coordinate needed paperwork and oversee on-boarding process.
Call upon all resources of the firm (people and technology) to provide valuable solutions to strengthen relationships.
Understand key competitors and position the firm's products effectively relative to those competitors.
- Proactively cross-sell the firm's products to existing clients where appropriate.
- Exceed client service expectations through proactive on-going communication.
· Minimum 10 + years of experience in investment management/business development, consulting/consultant relationship management and/or client service
· BA/BA degree required
· FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 required or must be obtained within three months from date of hire.
· MBA a plus; CFA a plus.
· Demonstrated success in developing relationships which have led to closed sales and a pipeline of leads.
· Effective time management skills.
· Completes assignments on-time.
· Ability to plan work appropriately and balance multiple responsibilities and objectives.
· Ability to shift priorities when circumstances change.
· Results driven and action oriented
· Ability to identify appropriate sales opportunities with probing techniques to uncover needs
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with plan sponsors and their consultants
· Experience in conveying investment knowledge convincingly through direct sales calls, small meetings and formal presentations.
· Must be able to communicate and clarify complex features and regulations.
· Understands operational procedures/processes, and balances regulatory and commercially acceptable guidelines.
· Requires a comprehensive understanding of the features, design, and benefits of all Nuveen products and services (retirement, mutual fund, insurance, etc.), and capital markets as well as competitor's products, services and strategies.
Legal has confirmed the following EEO Summary is approved for use on all Job Descriptions for TIAA, TIAA Bank, and Nuveen (US).
EqualEmployment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read moreabout the.
If youneed assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are anEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualifiedapplicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex,religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, orany other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1722015
Field: Investment Management
Post Date: Sep 16, 2019
- TIAA Jobs