TIAA Analyst, Debt in London, United Kingdom
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Analyst of Debt Strategies role is part of a small UK-based team of currently six investment professionals (including the Head of Debt - Europe). The team operates self-sufficiently within the context of Nuveen Real Estate and the US Debt team and with the support from functions including Investment Committee, Legal, Client Capital Group, Reporting, Finance and Human Resources. The team relies on each team member to be able to contribute to executing any loan transaction from origination to funding to portfolio management. Critically, the Role therefore requires the ability to support senior members of the team across the entire value chain of debt investment, especially:
Due diligence, execution, documentation, closing of loans
Financial modelling of property collateral
Preparation of investment committee materials
Managing the loan portfolio
Collecting and maintaining loan portfolio data, documents, etc.
Investor reporting, performance monitoring and close collaboration with external loan agent
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in structuring, analysing, underwriting and executing debt transactions to deliver key risk/reward objectives
• Participate and contribute to real estate debt pipeline discussions
• Provide operational support where required, particularly across the risk/reward objectives management and compliance function in establishing processes and procedures
• Build strong real estate debt relationships with other Nuveen Real Estate and TIAA businesses across Asia, UK, Europe and the US as appropriate.
• Prepare marketing materials for the debt platform to raise additional capital from potential investors in collaboration with members of the Client Capital Group or Placement Agents
• Maintain complete set of data, documents and records for loan portfolio
• Assist in preparing best in class reporting to investors in timely and accurate basis
• Comply with governance, committee and risk management processes
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
• Basic understanding and application of real estate due diligence and legal documentation requirements, preferably across European jurisdictions
• Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modelling skills
• Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency required
• Commercial acumen
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively and independently with guidance and supervision, yet also work in a team environment
• Language skills in key European markets: English, German, Spanish, French, Dutch would be viewed favourably
• Presentation and communication skills
• Project management and organisational skills are essential
• Networking and communication – investors, borrowers, service providers, and internally
• Professional maturity, self-confidence and business judgement
• Ability to work proactively and independently
• Act in line with Nuveen Real Estate’s Company Values and integrity to act in the best long-term interest of clients and the company.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-ca-privacy) to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here (https://www.tiaa.org/public/nuveen-eu-uk-privacy) to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here (http://www.tiaa.org/public/tiaa-nuveen-privacy) to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
TIAA started out over 100 years ago to help ensure teachers could retire with dignity. Today, many people who work at not-for-profits rely on our wide range of financial products and services to support and strengthen their financial well-being.