TIAA Bank Product & Pricing Analytics, Senior Manager in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Product & Pricing Analytics, Senior Manager
Location: United States, Florida, Jacksonville
Field: Marketing & Communications
Post Date: Jan 31, 2019
The Senior Manager – Strategic Pricing and Profitability Modeling leads strategic client based pricing efforts from conception to completion for deposit and lending products. Responsibilities include pricing for deposit products (checking, money market, CD) and lending products (credit card, personal loan, student loan, HELOC, and home loan), pricing groups, pricing elasticity scores, pricing grid, optimization subject to business constraints. It will also include product pricing reporting, model maintenance and validation. The role includes responsibilities to research, develop and implement new pricing opportunities, organize and direct appropriate distribution of information across the organization, and spear-heading organizational discussions for effective planning and prioritization of pricing initiatives.
• Manage a team to produce overall planning & development process for product analysis and econometric outputs including price elasticity models to support marketing, risk management, and product development strategies.
• Collaborates with executives, managers and business areas to evaluate, scope and implement initiatives, and appropriate analytics to meet business objectives.
• Manage communication related to reporting & analysis discovery.
• Effectively understand data resources and sources, including databases, listings or web systems to develop effective reports and assist with data integrity management.
• Sustains related systems knowledge (such as SAS, SQL programming, etc).
• Segment, monitor, and analyze various deposit and credit product trends; craft recommendations to management based on trends.
• Produce performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding deposits growth, loan delinquencies, losses and overall profitability and performance of various TIAA Bank products.
• Understand and manage issues surrounding data integrity for any data sources, and affiliate reporting information.
• Work with developers and related managers or analysts to resolve data issues and improve resources.
• Develop and maintain statistically-based credit loss forecasting models for personal loan products including credit cards, overdraft lines, HELOCs, and other asset-based loans.
• Perform analysis and/or modeling that maximizes profits and/or asset growth and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures.
Knowledge, skills, and ability requirements
• Experience with SQL, SAS (SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Marketing Optimiser, SAS Optimizer, SAS Operations Research), or related analytical software.
• Strong data mining and analytical skills with proven ability to work with diverse and large data sets for analysis and modeling within a financial services environment.
• The ability to interact on a positive, productive and encouraging basis with other members the organization.
• Ability to understand and extrapolate the strategic value, trends and information derived from data, and reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal/external parties.
• Ability to engage ad hoc cross-functional teams to drive projects forward.
• Attention to detail for data integrity and data interpretation.
Training and experience
• Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or other quantitative field, required. PhD will be a plus.
• At least 10 years of experience, required. Experience within the Financial Services industry, preferred.
• Experience using mathematical modeling techniques: regression, decision trees, neural networks, clustering, forecasting, simulation models and optimization.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• DMV Check
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
- Requisition ID: 1716715