TIAA Financial Analyst III, Financial Reporting in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
As a part of TIAA’s Retail & Institutional Financial Services business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
This position will be responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting including preparing management and external reporting packages and performing complex analysis of financial activities. This position will be responsible for completion of projects and working under high levels of responsibility and autonomy as well as coaching and mentoring more junior Financial Analysts.
• Prepare and/or review financial statements and disclosures for external reporting
• Partner with external auditors to execute the audit of annual financial statements
• Lead monthly reporting processes and deliver reporting packages to management
• Create presentations for Executive Management
• Assist business units in compliance with GAAP or regulatory accounting and reporting requirements
• Performs financial analysis for senior leadership and executive management
• Analyze monthly results – identify drivers and explain key variances
• Assist with planning and forecasting activities, as needed
• Prepare monthly variance analysis between actual and forecast data
• Complete special projects and ad hoc reporting as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and ability requirements
• May require extensive knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of the Business Unit being supported
• Strong spreadsheet and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and manage assigned area with little supervision or oversight
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Team player
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong understanding of GAAP
Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Financeor related business area
5 years related work experience in accounting, finance or banking or 2 + years public accounting experience or successful completion of the TIAA Rotational Development Program and 1 year of experience
Banking and/or mortgage industry experiencepreferred
Oracle Financials and Cognos TM1 experiencepreferred
Previous GAAP or technical accounting experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1719057
Field: Finance & Accounting
Company: TIAA Bank
Post Date: May 09, 2019
- TIAA Jobs