TIAA Bank Business Unit Finance Director, Commercial Finance in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
As a part of TIAA’s Retail & Institutional Financial Services business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
This position directs all operational accounting and finance functions required to provide timely and accurate regulatory reporting/compliance and financial reporting for Commercial Banking, including commercial real estate, equipment leasing and specialty financing. It is responsible for providing strategy, reporting and policy oversight. The position is responsible for leadership and management oversight of the accounting and forecast/planning cycles, audits and for the integrity and accuracy of financial books and records.
• Sets enterprise direction in their respective area of responsibility. Serves as a key contributor in defining vision and strategy.
• Directs the work and priorities of their team which may include multiple teams supporting different lines of business.
• Leads relationship growth efforts among Accounting & Finance and client groups.
• Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
• Responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Oversees appropriate use of technology and systems to enable efficiency
• Establishes, enhances and maintains appropriate internal controls
• Provides proactive management of assigned area through financial information analyses, reports and recommendations
• Provides expertise and consulting in support of key corporate initiatives including acquisitions, new products, service and business model changes.
• Identifies, develops and communicates analysis to executive management and business unit contacts in order to maximize savings and minimize risk exposure.
• Coordinates resolution of issues related to assigned area
• Manages a team including recruiting, training, motivating, directing and evaluating
• Develops policies, procedures, processes, and controls within assigned area
• Provides leadership and coordination for financial planning, month end close process, forecast/planning/analysis processes and submission of information for federal/state/regulatory requirements
• Ensures all needed assistance is provided for internal, external and regulatory auditors in completing audit reviews
• Provides consultative expertise in strategic discussions regarding new products, processes, systems and ensure accounting accuracy
• Coordinate completion of ad hoc reporting as requested
• Ensures service level agreements are met
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
• May require extensive knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of the Business Unit being supported
• Excellent ability to develop and execute strategies.
• Excellent knowledge of federal and multistate corporate accounting and finance regulation
• Ability to solve complex and unusual business and managerial situations
• Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate complex information effectively and ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
• Advanced strategic planning and decision-making skills with ability to analyze short and long-term effects
• Logical, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding leadership ability.
• Convincing ability to persuade and influence objectives.
• Advanced knowledge of fundamental GAAP accounting concepts, regulatory requirements and internal controls
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related business area
• MBA / CPA highly preferred
• Minimum 15 plus years of accounting/finance
• 10 plus years managerial experience preferred with 5 years managerial experience required
• Recent experience in financial services industry required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Prior experience in Commercial Banking preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1717457
Field: Finance & Accounting
Company: TIAA Bank
Post Date: Mar 21, 2019