TIAA Sr IT Auditor in DENVER, Colorado
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA is looking for an experienced senior IT auditor with 3 years of IT Audit experience. As a Senior IT Auditor, you will be joining the IT Audit team and be responsible for planning, conducting, and driving complex internal audits in compliance with audit standards, corporate policies and regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Supporting audit management in defining the scope of audits, identifying key risk areas, and reviewing relevant controls across the organization in support of the annual risk-based audit plan; Ensuring effective program management disciplines are in practice, providing independent validation of program health to senior leadership, driving effective risk management, ensuring reporting transparency and providing subject matter expertise to validate testing quality leading to successful delivery of audit engagements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Conduct highly confidential and/or complex technology, operational and integrated audits using the organization’s risk-based internal auditing methodology under the general direction of audit leadership and management.
• Produce a high quality end-product that clearly documents the audit results, including comments on the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls and processes being audited.
• Demonstrate good judgment in evaluating the results of audits and in developing and presenting remediation solutions where control weaknesses and root cause have been identified.
• Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated processes, identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies.
• Work collaboratively and independently on unique or special assignments which may require specialized knowledge and/or experience.
• Participate in discussions with senior management when communicating audit results and recommendations.
• Contribute to decisions and projects that have a moderate to high impact to the organization.
• Comply with Company, Division and Professional ethical standards.
• Review the work of less experienced auditors, and plan and lead less complex IT audit engagements and small project teams.
• Mentor and train less experienced staff and ensure group and individual deliverable deadlines are met.
• 3 years of Information Systems Audit experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other relevant areas of study.
• Working knowledge of various IT environments (e.g., distributed, cloud-based and network platforms), cybersecurity, data platforms and analysis (databases, data warehouses, and experience in data analysis), IT control frameworks, and risk based internal audit frameworks.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple demands.
• 5+ years of Information Systems Audit or other relevant experience
• A Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or similar professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA) is strongly preferred. CISSP certification is a plus. The candidate will be requested to obtain the CISA within a reasonable timeframe, based on prior experience.
• Knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditor's (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) to which the Internal Audit Division's methodology is aligned.
• Proficient knowledge of financial services products, services and regulations; and regulatory guidance and expectations (FRBB, OCC, SEC, State Insurance)
• Proven track record of building solid relationships with clients, including demonstrated abilities to approach clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear requests for information.
• Demonstrated time management and project management skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Good team work skills including effective team interactions, providing timely and constructive feedback, negotiating issues and resolving problems.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1721801
Field: Finance & Accounting
Post Date: Sep 11, 2019
- TIAA Jobs