TIAA VP, Client Service Strategy & Integration in CHICAGO, Illinois
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
Nuveen Advisory Services (NAS) is the client-facing division of Nuveen that houses professionals who develop, market and sell investment strategies and solutions to clients. We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial leader to join a Strategy & Integration team within the newly centralized NAS Client Service & Information (CS&I) function. CS&I partners with the sales and relationship management teams to deliver exceptional service to our clients across a range of activities, including client onboarding, client reporting, investor relations/servicing, RFP/RFI development. The function includes the people, technology platforms and data to support our Global businesses. The CS Strategy & Integration group is responsible for developing, managing and executing strategic change programs that will establish a global service operating model and platform that is scalable and client responsive.
The VP role reports to the head of CS Strategy & Integration and will partner with senior leaders to identify, develop, evaluate, prioritize and deliver strategic initiatives across CS&I. You will lead project teams to solve complex problems and implementation issues critical to Nuveen’s success. The position represents an excellent opportunity to:
· Be exposed to and influence the agendas of senior management
· Develop expertise in a variety of prospecting, client servicing and business functions
· Be a member of a collaborative team of experienced managers with an opportunity to deepen your problem solving, analytical, communications and leadership skills
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
This role requires working with senior CS&I leaders and partners to design, execute, and lead multiple organizational change efforts of varying size and complexity. The VP will be responsible for a portfolio of platform development initiatives from idea creation through deployment including identifying business and client needs, designing and validating concepts, developing business cases, managing vendor negotiations and relationships, partnering with technology to define business and functional requirements, managing to a budget. Additional areas of focus include:
· Business strategy development and planning – Align CS&I vision, direction and near-term priorities within Nuveen Advisory Services supported by competitor/industry practices and operational and financial analysis.
· Execute strategic initiatives – Identify, frame and implement specific cross-functional initiatives and programs within the scope of CS&I that are critical to the success of Nuveen’s overall strategy.
· Business performance management – (i) Implement management processes to monitor results versus targets and course correct, (ii) Develop CS&I metrics and goals aligned with strategic plan.
· Capacity and resource management processes – identify and implement efficient resourcing strategies, leveraging technology and offshore capabilities to support excellent client experience
In order to successfully deliver the programs and projects, you will be responsible for:
· Utilizing strategic frameworks to identify issues, gather data and recommend fact-based solutions.
· Implementing program management disciplines to govern and manage CS&I initiatives, coordinate and communicate status and outcomes reporting.
· Partnering with technology to design a target state architecture that enables business required capabilities as well as a sunset plan to eliminate duplication and capture savings.
· Managing and motivating diverse, cross-functional program teams to adopt and integrate new practices and tools to support a superior client experience.
· Working collaboratively and building trust with team members across Nuveen and TIAA.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading strategic project teams either in a management consulting firm or within a corporate organization.
DesiredSkills and Experience:
· Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience in asset management preferred but not required.
· Familiarity with client relationship management, RFP, client servicing and reporting processes or platforms, such as Salesforce and CORIC, is desirable.
· Ability to effectively define business requirements, develop actionable plans, gain alignment and successfully execute significant change initiatives from project start to finish.
· Experience partnering with technology and operations leaders to deliver platform solutions.
· Track record as a change agent at the strategic planning and tactical execution levels - comfortable challenging conventional thinking, approaches, and methodology.
· Ability to navigate a complex organization independently and achieve goals without direct control over resources.
· Ability to apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), and work well in cross-functional teams.
· Able to prioritize with a clear focus on results – a self-starter, able to work independently.
· Prior experience with client servicing, client relationship management processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1719512
Field: Investment Management
Post Date: May 28, 2019
- TIAA Jobs