TIAA Underwriter III in CHICAGO, Illinois
As a part of TIAA’s Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
The Underwriter III position is responsible for reviewing standard and more complex conventional/conforming standard and JUMBO loan submissions ensuring they meet company and investor guidelines and evaluating loans in such a way as to maximize company profit and minimize company risk exposure. This position will weigh credit risk to ensure liability taken on the by company results in saleable loans. The successful candidate should have experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers and demonstrated ability working effectively with processing and sales teams in an action oriented environment. Must have experience meeting daily volume requirements and maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
• Reviews all loan submissions and follow-up conditions provided by borrower/lender
• Ensures that corporate operating standards are met for underwriting and compliance
• Ensures that customer service commitments are met
• Reviews all items and conditions provided by borrowers and ensure they meet the required guidelines
• Reviews items that are a variation of the actual condition required to determine if the acceptance of this condition will be acceptable to the investor
• Ensures quality control standards are met so company is able to sell loan
• Ensures all credit decisions meet compliance standards
• Monitors property appraisal process to ensure value of property is accurately presented
• Underwrites loans using automated processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must have experience and full working knowledge of agency underwriting and selling guidelines
• Must have experience and skill reviewing documents within corporate timeframes and maintaining low error rates
• Must be well organized and high-functioning in an action-oriented environment
• Must have experience and skill accurately assessing risk
• Must be proficient in determining if submitted conditions are acceptable, offering alternative suggestions as needed
• Ability to learn and become proficient reviewing jumbo loan submissions. Must be proficient reviewing more complex loans including but not limited to self-employed borrowers.
• Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and customers gaining their trust and respect
• Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to effectively mentor those with less underwriting experience
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
High school diploma or equivalent
A minimum of 5 years work experience in the mortgage banking industry
A minimum of 4 years underwriting experience
At least one of the following authorities: government(FHA, VA) with required certification as needed, jumbo, or USDA
Proficient in both AUS and traditional underwriting systems with a demonstrated ability to analyze more complex transactions
At least 2 years of jumbo experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email, or call
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1727391
Company: TIAA Bank
Post Date: Jul 20, 2020