TIAA Non Employee Senior Project Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
This is a Non-Employee Contingent Worker Role providing services for TIAA’s family of companies and will be employed by TIAA's preferred 3rd Party Supplier. As a Non-Employee CW, perform a variety of moderately complex business planning, support, and project-related duties. Demonstrates an exceptional standard of quality and holds themselves accountable to achieving excellent results.
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Thisrole is located on our TIAA office in Iselin, NJ or CHICAGO, IL currentlyremote.
The anticipated term of this engagement will be 6 months. This term could be extended based on company business needs.
SeniorProject Manager responsible for managing portfolio of complex initiatives that spanning multiple lines of business spanning multiple platforms and applications.
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, and test and deployment management activities.
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project.
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings.
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
• Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle.
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders.
• Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
• Work with multiple project team members, including Business Analysts, Project Managers, Technical Leads, Developers, QA, and other System Analysts throughout each project.
• Establish, interpret, execute and recommend modifications to policies. Ensure governance, compliance, and regulatory processes are followed.
• Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of IT experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
• 5+ years of project management experience in a Senior Project Manager role with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
• Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall.
• Experience with Salesforce CRM and Financial Services is a definite plus.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
• Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
• Experience managing resource plans, budgets and estimates.
• Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
• Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
• Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email, or call
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1726789
Post Date: May 20, 2020