TIAA Transition Data Lead II (Conversions and Implementations) in Charlotte, North Carolina
As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we'll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA's mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you're not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference - a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/about-us/who-we-are-at-tiaa-cref .
Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO
As part of the Client Onboarding Implementation Team, working with the Transition Manager, Relationship Manager and Client, the Data Lead determines data requirements for the setup of a variety of core, outsourced recordkeeping and administrative services, how to transport data onto the TIAA platform and ensure plan setup is in accordance to the client’s plan design. Acts as central coordination point for the plan sponsor’s payroll sources and prior vendor(s) data in relation to asset transfers. Internal coordination with product, IT, marketing and the sales team and external coordination with the plan sponsor and payroll vendors. Serves as senior subject matter expert on an implementation team that focus on asset takeovers, custom solutions and complex client outsourced recordkeeping and/or administrative service implementations.
Assist in file testing/validation and file transfer setup. Define and document system setup for each client’s plan/product/source design. Serves as the lead for client data on implementations assigned. Supports the cross functional team led by the Transition Manager. Identifies issues, risk, and action items related to data, works collaboratively with Business Partners.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
• Candidate should have a proficient level of knowledge of all services and products offered by TIAA, with a firm understanding of 401a, 401k, 403b and 457b IRC sections plans offered by TIAA and by our competitors.
• In conjunction with the Transition Manager, acts as central point of contact for client leadership during the Planning, Implementation, and Post-implementation project phases.
• Responsible for integrated TIAA product and service implementations, client data management, client file interface establishment and testing as well as consulting with client benefit and IT leadership on new business process and best practices during the Implementation process.
• Manage a book of implementations in coordination with Transition Managers and Marketing.
• Assigned to special/unique/high profile projects with firm wide scope requiring specialized knowledge and experience.
• Will work on complex implementations to include (but not limited to) Compliance Coordinator, Deconversions, Negative Enrollments, Bulk Enrollment, New Fund to the Platform, Creation of Plan Sponsor Fee Disclosures, Complete Brokerage Transfers, Asset Takeovers, Plan Mergers, VSAM Validation, Vesting, Bulk Cross Contract Transfers, Complete TSV Application, OSDA (Basic and Feedback), Fund Lineup Change w/Mapping, Revenue Credit Account Set up, and implementations with multivendor files.
• Ensure the traceability of individual data requirements and adherence to the defined requirements.
• Partners with his/her manager, team and internal business partners to determine ultimate solutions for data transfer for each new client/and or product being on-boarded
• Mentoring, coaching and training other Data Leads
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelors Degree and 3 years Implementations experience and 3 years of retirement industry product knowledge or
5 years of implementation experience and 3 years of retirement industry product knowledge
• 1 or more years of Third Party Administration (TPA), Defined Contribution & Defined Benefit experience
• 2 years of Excel experience is required
• 5 years of retirement industry product knowledge
• Systems experience in Siebel, Omni Suite, Microsoft Suite of Applications, Access, Plan Rules, PRISM, Omni trade strongly preferred.
• Ability to lead, motivate and collaborate with associates at all levels throughout the organization
• Ability to balance multiple demands and competing priorities
• Proficient level of knowledge of all services and products offered by TIAA, with a firm understanding of 401a, 401k,403b and 457b IRC sections plans offered by TIAA and by our competitors
• 1 or more years of Plan Administration – Experience with plan documents, plan design, recordkeeping agreements, and recordkeeping services (including Eligibility, Vesting, and Compliance Limits Monitoring)
• 1 year or more of QA/BA Testing experience
• 1 year or more of Payroll processing knowledge (including PeopleSoft and Banner)
• Excellent communication, analytical, strategic, negotiation, problem solving and consulting skills.
• Superior interpersonal, negotiating, networking and listening skills are a must
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Job: Client Services
Primary Location: CO-Denver
Req ID: 1715813