TIAA Sr Info Security Engineer in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
The Senior Info Security Engineer will participate in the activities of a small, expert team that develops robust technical solutions and advanced analytics to enable threat detection and prevention technologies. This role is part of the Security Technology Engineering team which is responsible for collaborating and partnering with various Business Units (BUs) and stakeholders across the organization to manage external and insider threat detection, mitigation, investigation and response efforts across the organization. The Security Technologies Engineering Team will leverage various technical and non-technical datasets for early detection of threats and work closely with affected business units to ensure threat activities are managed effectively and efficiently.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Job Responsibilities include:
• Implement and maintain security solutions supporting network security technologies (firewalls, proxies, packet capture, network access control)
• Implement monitoring mechanisms to ensure availability, integrity and confidentiality of network security solutions.
• Participate and contribute in meeting such as Architecture Review Board (ARB), service delivery, weekly team meetings.
• Build and maintain operational and configuration documentation and create and maintain diagrams.
• Work with Cybersecurity risk and security operation teams to enhance the security posture of the enterprise.
• Work with vendors to identify capabilities that would support process automation.
• Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies to strengthen controls
• Knowledge and experience with information security controls, infrastructure and implementation techniques.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or any other Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field
• 5 or more years Cybersecurity Engineering or IT System Engineering experience.
• Master’s degree in security, information technology or related field
• General information security certifications (e.g. CISSP, GSEC, etc)
• Technical information security certifications (e.g. CCNA, GIAC, AWS, etc)
• Experience in financial services or other highly regulated industry
• Experience with packet capture and aggregation platforms
• Experience with network access control and network segmentation solutions
• Experience with web filtering solutions (proxies, firewall URL filters)
• Experience with cloud security, cloud provider ecosystems
• Experience with firewall policy management
• Highly proficient in engineering and debugging of complex IT systems
• Strong expertise with network security systems and design
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email, or call
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1726838
Post Date: 5 days ago