TIAA Sr. Financial Analyst in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
TIAA is a unique financial partner. With an award-winning track record for consistent performance, TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has $1 trillion in assets under management (as of 9/30/2018) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and guidance, and retirement services.
TIAA’s Finance Operations Unit of the Corporate Controller’s Department is looking for a Senior Accountant. The Finance Operations Unit is the center of excellence for the accounting and finance operations for TIAA and TC Life’s broad lines of business. This includes governance and system administration around our ledger and financial reporting platforms. The primary function of this position is to govern, analyze, control, and appropriately account for operating expenses, allocations, intercompany activity, and related systems for TIAA and its many affiliates.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Oversight, control, governance, and analytics of expense allocations, intercompany accounting, and reporting for TIAA enterprise
• Responsible for learning and understanding key intercompany relationships, ensuring that allocations are established appropriately for both legal entity reporting and line of business reporting, serving as key business contact for all TIAA legal entity expense allocation activity
• Responsible for evaluating current processes and controls and independently developing and implementing improvements and efficiencies
• Liaise with business partners across the Office of the CFO (OCFO) and Corporate Finance and Planning (CFP&A) to resolve issues and gain needed information to independently execute on daily operational tasks and strategic projects
• Regulatory operating expense reporting for TIAA and TC Life
• Maintain knowledge, familiarity, and documentation of business process to enhance and promote sound internal control practices
CPA required or working towards CPA
5+ years of experience in public or corporate accounting
BA/BS major fields of study preferred: Accounting, Finance, IT or Business Administration
Financial and/or regulatory reporting role or related accounting system role preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1718687
Field: Finance & Accounting
Post Date: Jun 18, 2019
- TIAA Jobs