TIAA Manager, Accounting Policy in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
• Assist in enterprise-wide accounting policy implementation and administration
across multiple major areas of the firm, including insurance, banking, asset
management, broker-dealer, investment advisors, joint ventures and
• Help guide and shape accounting policy team engagement and thought
leadership on emerging accounting and regulatory issues (U.S. STAT, U.S.
GAAP, IFRS, SEC, FINRA, OCC, FRBB, PCAOB, among others) through
various trade association representation (ACLI, NAIC, IPs, ICI, NCREIF,
SIFMA, RMA, BMA, AICPA Experts Panels, among others).
• Assist in accounting training programs across TIAA leveraging in-house and
external training sources.
• Responsible for technical advisory analysis for significant, frequently
confidential business and investment transactions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Maintenance of company’s accounting policies and provides guidance on the
interpretation and application of statutory accounting principles, U.S. GAAP
(including SEC matters), IFRS and other accounting frameworks.
• Primarily responsible for implementation and technical administration for all
new and existing applicable regulatory accounting guidance, as well as
consultation for leaders of the company across multiple disciplines on complex
transactions and new business ventures.
• Provide analysis of new and existing accounting guidance, developing and
implementing accounting policies.
• Assess company compliance with accounting guidance including financial
reporting and disclosures.
• Performs advanced accounting research or provides guidance on such
• Bachelor's degree
• 3 plus years of accounting policy experience, with emphasis on
technical accounting guidance including NAIC, GAAP, and SEC regulatory
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• Experience in multiple insurance company and/or financial services
accounting functions including managing projects of a complex nature.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1722501
Post Date: Nov 12, 2019