TIAA Internship Enterprise Risk Management in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
TIAA is a Fortune 100 financial services organization dedicated to helping our clients pursue financial well-being.
We were founded nearly a century ago as the vision of one of history’s great philanthropists, Andrew Carnegie, to make a difference in the lives of teachers. Since then, we have helped millions at academic, medical, research and cultural organizations — the people whose work makes the world a better place — retire with financial security.
Today, we are a global asset manager with $1.1 trillion in assets under management and offers investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services. Our investment model and long-term approach aim to benefit the 5 million people and more than 15,000 institutions we serve.
As we pursue performance that can help drive better outcomes for our clients, we are committed to growing, innovating, continually improving and building on our proud history of diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit tiaa.org
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) partners with other business and support areas to protect TIAA financial strength and reputation, to help continue to deliver on its long-term promises, and to help meet the strategic objectives of the organization. ERM is aligned to meet both the line of business needs and enterprise needs.
The Summer Internship Program is an enriching opportunity for college students who want to supplement their academic preparation with a challenging work experience as they launch their professional careers. The position provides an opportunity to develop and demonstrate their critical thinking, analytical, relationship building and communication skills. Successful completion of the internship can lead to a full time career opportunity at TIAA, upon graduation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Summer Analysts will support business-specific and enterprise areas of ERM while working on an exciting mix of strategically-aligned challenging assignments and projects that help drive the achievement of the organization’s strategy and mission. Specifically, the intern will:
• Support Risk leadership in implementing and embedding the risk framework and processes for defining, assessing, measuring, monitoring and reporting risks in various business units and support areas while gaining risk management experience and expertise in the usage of the tools
• Support special projects related to the maturation of ERM programs
• Help facilitate various business needs such as data analysis and risk report creation
• Assist in the collection of data that may pertain to specific market, business or competitive analyses
• Assist in the management of project plans (including project timelines, data requirements, specific steps)
• Must be obtaining Bachelor’s or Graduate degree with a graduation date of December 2021 to May 2023
• Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or better
• Must have experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email, or call
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1729446
Post Date: Sep 23, 2020