TIAA Internship Corporate Risk Insurance in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
As a Corporate Risk Insurance intern in the Finance & Actuarial (F&A) area, you will get experience of life and work at TIAA. You will be exposed to the Corporate Risk Insurance and Treasury function giving you a tremendous opportunity to develop a broad and deep skill of corporate risk management.This is a summer internship position for those interested in pursuing a career in Risk Management/Insurance.
This position will support the TIAA Corporate Risk Insurance department reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Risk Insurance and Corporate Risk Insurance Analyst toassist in reviewing contracts, insurance policies, coordinating invoice payments, and to participate in departmental projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Principal duties and responsibilities include assisting with the following:
- Review and analysis of RFPs, leases, vendor contracts, and other contracts on an as needed basis.
Reviewing and monitoring of the department’s binders and insurance policies.
Gathering renewal information.
Placing new insurance policies.
Certificate of insurance management.
Notary bond issuance.
Memos and presentation materials.
Budgeting and allocations.
Tracking monthly activities of the department
Claims and litigation.
Serve as back-up to Insurance Analyst.
Ad-hoc Corporate Risk Insurance projects.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate program majoring in risk and insurance management, finance or a related discipline with an expected graduation date December 2021 and May 2023
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Previous internship or work experience a plus
- Self-starter orientation and an ability to work independently and to self-direct one's activities is essential
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
Proven ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on commitments
Characteristics of Successful Candidates:
· Team Player
· Results Oriented
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.