TIAA Finance Analytics Program Support in Charlotte, North Carolina
As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we'll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA's mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you're not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference - a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/about-us/who-we-are-at-tiaa-cref .
The focus of this role is to provide financial and analytical support to the enterprise Transformation Office by designing, and developing the financial “infrastructure” that enables decision making through facts and data. The role will also programmatically track all financial aspects of initiatives, including expense incurred and targeted outcomes / benefits. The role will work closely with other team members to create a sustainable structure for monitoring the multi-year transformation efforts. The role will also work closely with Business Finance Officers, Controllers and other Finance Centers of Excellence to drive transformation efforts and to provide supporting financial analytics. This role reports to the Chief Transformation Officer.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Design and deploy frameworks for ideation and feasibility and deliver analytics
for decision making (e.g.,go-no-go, make vs. buy vs. outouces, pilot/test, move
into “build” and “production”). Set up infrastructure and build capabilities to
produce the right set of data, reporting & analytics for the future.
• Conduct profitability analyses to assess transformational activities (i.e., meet
criteria, ROI positive, deliver cost savings/avoidances) for moving forward to
planning and execution
• Track program benefits and realization against strategic objectives; manage
dependencies and work with initiative leads to develop mitigation plans.
• Provide guidance to ensure that processes and policies are developed in a
standardized, controlled environment
• Support establishment of metrics that measure short- and long-term success
• Set up infrastructure and build capabilities to produce the right set of data,
reporting & analytics for the future
• Help navigate information and systems—and ensure connectivity back to core
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-10 years of financial services experience
• 5-10 years of combined experience in Finance, Planning & Analysis including
developing and implementation of data analytics, frameworks, templates,
procedures and supporting tools to support financial analytics for efforts that
have enterprise impact.
• 5-10 years of hands-on finance and financial reporting-related experience
including expense and revenue analysis.
• 5-10 years of Project Management experience leading multiple work streams,
developing and executing on enterprise-impact initiatives.
• 5-10 years of Forensic Accounting experience
• Experience partnering with senior level business leaders gaining buy-in; strong
stakeholder engagement and influence skills.
• Ability to navigate a large and dispersed organization and anticipate/see
connection points beyond initial data to develop recommendations, connect
stakeholders and anticipate challenges/risks.
• Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to build and enhance tools and
resources that meet business needs.
• Organize, orchestrate, and monitor complex sets of activities, people and
resources over extended periods of time.
• Proven ability (perseverance and tenacity) to deliver results in a changing and
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work across multiple functional teams, one-on-one and in groups.
• Strong organizational and planning skills and capability to prioritize; accurate
and focused on details.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Job: Business Administration and Support
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Req ID: 1715247