TIAA DevOps Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we'll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA's mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you're not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference - a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/about-us/who-we-are-at-tiaa-cref .
We are looking for a DevOps Engineering leader capable of leading a team of software developers and engineers. This person must possess the technical aptitude and knowledge of the typical DevOps Toolchain and DevOps principals. Just as important as these skills is the ability to evangelize and drive the adoption of these tools and principals to the development community and their leadership. Of critical importance is a focus on scalability, the user experience, and again adoption.
This individual will leverage knowledge of DevOps best practices to define the vision, and to define the strategy for development processes. Additionally, this role is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing DevOps systems and applications used by TIAA’s application development community. The ability to communicate the vision and ongoing enhancements via a technology roadmap is paramount.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
C Creation of strategy and design for new and existing application development processes (CICD)
· Create and maintain vendor and open-source tool strategies including budget definition, rollout plans, and communications to a wide audience
· Act as SME for Application development team across all LOBs in assisting and guiding through adoption of new CICD pipeline
· Development and delivery of a technology Roadmap
· Direct, motivate and develop staff through coaching and mentoring so as to maximize their individual contributions, professional growth and ability to function effectively as a team
· Directly partner with offshore teams to deliver engineering initiatives
· Build trusted advisor relationship by partnering with clients and across IT to best achieve business and IT priorities and objectives
· Manage vendor relationships that support ability to deliver application components that enhance application delivery.
· Collaborate with technology and business partners to seek opportunities to provide end to end application solutions, increase internal business partner satisfaction and ensure key deliverables are met.
· Lead process improvements, cost reduction efforts, tool development to improve the software development and support process in a way that reduces complexity, improves service, and reduces cost.
Environment: Java, JSP, REST, JSON, Spring, Groovy, Angular, Node.js, Tomcat, Linux, PL/SQL, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Gitlab, , Java, RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS Linux.
· 7 or more years of experience with scripting and programming
· 5 or more years of DevOps engineering
· 2 years or more of experience enabling CICD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, Gitlab CI, OpenShift/Docker Containers and others
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or any other technical curriculum
· 10 or more years of experience with scripting and programming languages including JavaEE, JSP, REST, JSON, Java Spring
· 5 or more years of experience with Linux or Unix systems including monitoring and tuning of app/Webb tier
· Demonstrable understanding of web application servers (JBOSS / WebSphere/Tomcat/Apache)
· Experience with cloud computing and container solutions such as Microsoft Azure, GoogleCloud, or Amazon EC2, Docker, Electric Cloud preferred
· Experience with Message Queues such as (TIBCO EMS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka or similar technologies) preferred
· Experience leading an enterprise IT platform serving a wide variety of consumers
· Experience managing and integrating test automation (Selenium, Cucumber, etc.) into various points in a development pipeline preferred
· Experience with monitoring and log analytics tools ( similar to elasticsearch, LogStash, Kibana, Splunk,) preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Req ID: 1715886