TIAA Accounting Internship in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
TIAA is a Fortune 100 financial services organization dedicated to helping our clients pursue financial well-being.
We were founded nearly a century ago as the vision of one of history’s great philanthropists, Andrew Carnegie, to make a difference in the lives of teachers. Since then, we have helped millions at academic, medical, research and cultural organizations — the people whose work makes the world a better place — retire with financial security.
Today, we are a global asset manager with $1.1 trillion in assets under management and offers investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services. Our investment model and long-term approach aim to benefit the 5 million people and more than 15,000 institutions we serve.
As we pursue performance that can help drive better outcomes for our clients, we are committed to growing, innovating, continually improving and building on our proud history of diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit tiaa.org
As an Office of the CFO (“OCFO”) Controllership summer intern, you will experience a 10 week snapshot of the culture, work environment and accounting functions at TIAA. A career in OCFO exposes you to different parts of the Controllership functions, giving you a tremendous opportunity to further develop your accounting skill set. You will work exclusively within one of the following accounting functions during your internship: Regulatory Reporting, Governance, Investment Reporting & Oversight, Financial Planning & Analysis and Corporate Tax. Through these diverse experiences, you will get an understanding of the various dimensions of TIAA accounting operations such as Statutory Reporting, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting Systems, Corporate Accounting and Financial Performance Management.
In addition, this internship position is associated with the Financial Analysis & Accounting Rotational Program, which is an immersive two year full-time rotational program within the Office of the CFO that provides multi-disciplined work experiences via broad, cross-functional exposure. Upon completion of this internship, candidates will have the opportunity to be considered for the Rotational Program or other openings within the OCFO.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Applies knowledge of US GAAP and Statutory accounting principles in the performance of operational tasks, e.g., processing journal entries that are the corporate records of the company.
• Perform regulatory reporting processes for various legal entities within TIAA.
• Applies financial acumen to resolve a wide-range of issues.
• Applies technical knowledge to complete assignments.
• Interfaces with other areas of the company that prepare and process accounting entries.
• Prepares account reconciliations and processes transactions to maintain the accuracy of the general ledger.
• Participates in various special projects and assist in developing solutions
Required Skills (Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities to enter the job)
• Currently in pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree majoring in Accounting, Finance, Tax, or Business Discipline
• Graduating between December 2021 and May 2023
• Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or better
Desired Skills: (Preferred not required)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication, problem solving/analytical skills
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on commitments
• Previous internship or work experience a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email, or call
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1730032
Post Date: Oct 07, 2020