TIAA DCIO Regional Sales Director in California
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
Position Overview: The Central Region DCIO External wholesaler will be responsible for leveraging existing key retirement advisor relationships, continually developing new producing relationships, and meeting DCIO sales goals across Nuveen’s broad array of investment products, with a particular focus on our top-selling Lifecycle target date series. Under the guidance of the DCIO national sales manager, the DCIO wholesaler will also be responsible for creating and implementing an effective business plan for the Central territory that best leverages the available TIAA and Nuveen resources to meet the investment and business needs of key retirement advisors, including our suite of plan sponsor services and practice management tools. The DCIO wholesaler will be expected to significantly increase the sales and market share of the TIAA-CREF Lifecycle suite of target date funds (active, passive, and blend) across the Central territory, which includes the key states of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, and Indiana. The DCIO wholesaler will be required to demonstrate a knowledge of the firm’s investment philosophy, its multi-boutique asset management capabilities, and a broad understanding of the ERISA plan marketplace in order to effectively present the desired message and image to partnering retirement advisors. The DCIO wholesaler will also be responsible for mentoring and developing a strong partnership with their internal sales associate as well as collaborate with their corresponding Nuveen Retail advisor consultants, the TIAA 403b sales teams, and the DCIO Strategic Accounts team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Essential Job Functions
• Develop and implement a territory sales plan and effectively manage the plan to meet the goals of both the territory and the overall DCIO business unit.
• Drive territory market share growth and meet overall sales, product, and activity goals on an annual basis.
• Acquire, develop, and maintain “strategic business development partnerships” with top producing DC advisors and consultants that deliver consultative support and Nuveen’s full range of capabilities.
• Prospect, develop, and acquire new retirement advisor relationships across primary targets within assigned territory.
• Focus on growing revenue from assigned sales targets, consistent with the DCIO distribution strategy.
• Coordinate field sales/service activities with Nuveen Retail wholesalers and TIAA 403b Sales and Consultant Relations teams.
• Leverage broader TIAA-Nuveen resources as needed (e.g., Investments, Product Specialists, etc.).
• Provide input in the development of U.S. DCIO business strategy, marketing materials, and firm positioning efforts.
• In collaboration with Internal Sales Desk Manager, mentor and ensure internal sales associate activities are aligned with territory plan.
• Maintain heavy travel schedule within territory to conduct meetings with advisors, to participate in client and prospecting events, to conduct presentations on behalf of Nuveen, and to attend selected industry conferences or regional events.
• Deepen penetration within existing retirement advisors’ businesses by cross-selling additional active products from Nuveen and TIAA-CREF to current passive only positions.
• Identify prospective retirement specialist advisors within territory, prepare presentations, and follow up on potential opportunities to penetrate/expand usage of TIAA-Nuveen Funds in DC plan menus.
• Must continually expand and refresh knowledge of TIAA-Nuveen products and value-ad’s in order to be able to effectively position these products and services with retirement advisors.
• Maintain CRM database with accurate and up-to-date activity, sales pipeline, and advisor information.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance or business)
• MBA, CIMA, CPWM, CAIA or CFA preferred
• Current FINRA registrations (Series 6, 7, 63, 65 and/or 66, depending)
• 10+ years of experience working directly with DC plans
• Demonstrated long-term productive relationships with top retirement advisors and consultants in Central territory
• Strong knowledge of DC plan distribution and ERISA regulation
• Extensive background in financial services & mutual fund industry knowledge
• Enhanced problem solving and analytical abilities, and familiarity with investment strategies and concepts
• Excellent oral, written, and one-on-one and group presentation skills
• Informed and conversant across a broad range of current and emerging topics in the DC/DCIO space
• Demonstrated strength building client-focused relationships
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Requisition ID: 1725342
Post Date: Feb 13, 2020